1-Day U.S. Capitol Building, White House, National Mall TourDC1-7425
- Earn Points
- Apply Points
- Departure: Washington DC
- Leave: Washington DC
- Duration: 1 Day(s)
Dates & Prices
- All of our drivers are licensed, Washington, D.C. tour guides
- Explore the time capsules of history housed at the Smithsonian Museums (Sundays only)
- Visit the White House's south lawn and visitor's center
- See the World War II Memorial and Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- From the comfort of our luxury double deckers (we reserve the right to modify any closed-top motor coach as necessary), view the Washington Monument, National Archives, FBI Building, and so much more
|Day 1||1-Day Washington Tour||Washington DC / Washington Monument / National World War II Monument / White House / Martin Luther King Jr Memorial||
1-Day Washington Tour
Assemble at a designated place
National World War II Monument
Martin Luther King Jr Memorial
DC in a Day includes all of the must-see stops in the Nation's Capital. There is no better way to see D.C.! This is a full-day, nine-hour tour, meant to provide guests with a comprehensive, narrative experience of the city’s monuments and memorials. This includes both a guided tour while riding an open-top double decker (we reserve the right to modify any closed-top motor coach as necessary), as well as personal, on-your-own time at each location to visit and learn directly.
DC in a Day
When you have one day in this historic city, it can be hard to think of where to start to fit in all the sightseeing possible. With Gray Line, one day is all you need to see more sights than you would ever have thought possible.
What can you see on this Tour?
Starting at 9 am, this tour begins at Union Station – which is a historic structure in its own right. This station was built back in 1907 and has stood much unchanged in the years since, despite a few technological improvements.
The first part of the tour will take you to the U.S. Capitol Building, which is where some of the most important decisions involving the United States are made. This is the legislative portion of the government, in which bills are passed and motions voted on. It’s a brilliant place to learn about how laws are made and where the government comes together to make huge changes to American life. The building gives visitors the perfect mix of education and architecture in one place. As the building is closed to the public on Sunday, if you choose to take our tour on this day, you get to go to either the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum or the Smithsonian Museum of American History. These are some of the world’s most well-known museums.
We will also go to the White House, where you’ll have the chance to take a couple of memorable photographs (public tours are no longer permitted --- you must request a tour through your local congressman or senator). We’ll also check in at the White House Visitors Center while there and get closer to the building itself. The next stop on our tour will take us to the World War II Memorial, which is located on the National Mall. This monument to those that lost their lives in the war is huge and there are columns with wreaths that each represent a state. The most chilling part of this monument are the 4,048 golden stars, each one of which mark 100 Americans who gave their lives during this war.
The National Mall is filled with some of the most famous sights that this city has to offer, such as the Reflecting Pool and Lincoln Memorial. Visitors will have the chance to see these sights alongside many others like the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and Iwo Jima Memorial. To top this tour off, you’ll also see a variety of sights from the comfort of our motor coach – which is driven by an experienced, licensed driver guide. Catch a glimpse of the FBI Building, National Archives and Washington Monument.
Why should you go on this Tour?
If you want to spend a day in the city with our fantastic, licensed driver guides, then this is the tour that you should be on. The experience is a combination of historical narrative by the driver guide and on-your-own exploration at all of these stops. We combine so many sites into just one day, making for an action packed experience. You’ll see everything from the White House to the Lincoln Memorial, with plenty of time to take photographs.
Things to Know
- Starting Time: 09:00, Ending Time: 18:00, Duration: 9 hours
Departure & Return
|Gray Line ticket window||9:00||50 Massachusetts Ave. NE, Washington, DC 20002||You must be present at our Union Station office by 8:45 am at the latest to guarantee ridership on the tour. Once the tour departs, guests cannot join along the route.|
Includes & Excludes
- Admissions (Narrated D.C. & VA Tour as you drive around to each historic monument and memorial)
- Hotel Pick-up
- Optional gratuities
The above out-of-pocket project price is for reference only. Admission prices in Optional Activities section may not be up-to-date, and the price is subject to your guide.
- Starting Time 09:00, Ending Time: 18:00, Duration: 9 hours
- It is recommended that you make a reservation 3 working days before departure, We will complete your itinerary confirmation and information reply within 24 hours. In case of rush hour, will not exceed more than 3 working days. If sold out, we will provide you with other options or cancel the order.
- Passengers are not present or didn't use the product on that very day will be automatically considered as giving up the product and refund is not allowed.
- If you have other needs, Please contact or call for advice at the time of booking.
- On the day of your tour please present your voucher at the Gray Line ticket window on the bus level of the parking garage at Union Station. To get to the bus level, you will go to the center rear of Union Station and go up an escalator, then out the doors leading to the parking garage. Just outside those doors is a second escalator and we are located at the top on the left, inside the Greyhound Building. Please arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to your assigned departure time
- Tours are not available on New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Thanksgiving or Christmas Day
- You must be present at our Union Station office by 8:45 am at the latest to guarantee ridership on the tour. We are located at 50 Massachusetts Ave. NE, Washington, DC 20002, on the Bus Terminal Level. Once the tour departs, guests cannot join along the route
- Please note that you will be riding an open-top double decker bus, unless there is inclement weather, in which case we will try to switch up and provide a closed-top motorcoach
- This tour is operated by local travel company in English, may cancel due to weather, couldn't reach the minimum number etc, even after receiving voucher, in that case customer can get full refund or reschedule
- For tours including hotel pick up will need guests to reconfirm with local operator, if not the booking may be canceled.If customers didn't make reconfirm with local operator, cause the booking being canceled，wannar hold no responsibility
How to Book
Reserve and Pay OnlineImmediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
Low Price Guarantee
This website offers phenomenal rates on all activities, tours, and vacation packages. In fact, within 48 hours of booking, if you find a lower online rate for an identical booking, we’ll pay you the difference. The lower rate must be available to the general public and in the same currency as your original reservation.
Within 72 hours of booking, if you find this site lowers the price of the same tour you booked, we'll refund the price difference with equal value credits. Those credits can be applied in your next purchase.
Reservation ProcessingThough in most cases, your reservation is confirmed quickly, it may take at most 3 days to fully arrange the trip.
Once confirmed, we will send you E-voucher via email. Please double check and make sure the booking information in the E-voucher is correct.
In case the booking cannot be confirmed subject to availability of seats, customer service will contact you to reschedule or cancel without charge. In case the tour price varies after booking, customer service will inform the price difference and you can choose to compensate the price difference or cancel the booking.
If you need to arrange or book other related trips, for example arrival/departure flights, ferry, bus transportation, and etc., please do this after the current booking is fully confirmed.
No part or full refund / compensation would be offered for reservations made before the tour is fully confirmed.
Enjoy Your TripThis site cooperates with top local tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers.
We recommend all our passengers to buy travel insurance to protect themselves against personal, natural, or manmade exigencies of all kind (including medical & family emergencies, accidents, flight delays, traffic delays, theft or loss of personal property & life, acts of terrorism, natural calamities etc.) that may affect you from participating in our tours or arise while on tour.
We do not recommend baby under two years old, people over seventy years old, pregnant woman, people in a low state of health to participate the tour. Our tour guide are not trained or licensed to work in specific scenarios and you need to independently bear risks and obligations on your own. Please take care of your personal belongings during the tour. This site assumes no responsibility for any loss or damages of your personal belongings.
Print Your E-voucher
Once E-voucher is received, please double check and ensure that the booking information is correct. You need to print out the voucher or show the E-voucher to tour guide when participating the tour.
In case of any possible delays, please contact tour operator or customer service immediately. We will cooperate with different parties to catch you up with the tour. You may need to pay the transportation expense to the next meet point. No part or full refund/compensation will be offered for unnoticed delays or no show.
Once the booking is confirmed, an absence or failure to show up on the scheduled date is NO SHOW. No show is non-refundable.
|Cancellation Period||Service Charge|
|7 days prior to tour departure date||Non-refundable|
|8 - 14 days prior to tour departure date||50% tour cost paid will be refunded|
|15 - 29 days prior to tour departure date||70% tour cost paid will be refunded|
|30 or more days prior to tour departure date||90% tour cost paid will be refunded|
- Cancel the entire order.
- Reschedule tour departure date. Subject to availability of seats, modification service fee will be applicable over & above the cancellation charges. This request will not be accepted if the tour start date is less than 7 days from the date of change request being made.
- Change to a different tour. Possible only 31 days prior to the tour departure date. Modification service fee will be applicable over & above the cancellation charges applicable.
- Reduce the number of travelers.
- $25 modification service fee will apply each time you modify the order. No modification request will be accepted 7 days period before the tour departure date.
- Acceptable modification includes changing pickup location, adding more number of travelers (subject to availability of seats), changing contact information and/or flight information.
- Except $25 modification fee, cancellation rules apply to the price difference when the total tour cost is reduced after modification.
- Lowest online price
- 48hr price protection
- Extra award credits
- Secure transaction